The marinade for this Filipino Beef Tapa tapsilog has a delicious combination of sweet, sour, and salty flavors - it makes me want to eat more! Serve with garlicky fried rice, crispy fried egg, fresh tomatoes and atchara (pickled green papaya) - perfect for breakfast or any time of the day. #beef #tapa #tapsilog #filipinoFood #breakfast #filipino #curedbeef #spoonfulofbutter"
- 300 grams beef sirloin, thinly sliced ((any other cuts of beef are ok))
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon calamani or lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Except for the beef, add all the ingredients in a shallow bowl. Add the beef and ensure that each piece is fully coated with marinade. Take note that the beef slices should not be "swimming" in the marinade to avoid an overly salty tapa.
Keep in the fridge to marinate for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Drain beef from marinade. In a wide frying pan over medium heat, heat the cooking oil. Add the beef slices in one layer, turning on sides, for about 3-5 minutes or until well browned. The cooking time depends on the thickness of your meat. The key is not to overcook them or your tapa will become too tough.
- SERVE WITH:
-garlic fried rice
-crispy, sunny-side up egg
-fresh, chopped tomatoes
-atchara (pickled green papaya) - see recipe in notes
Atachara (pickled green papaya recipe) recipe can be found here.