A creamy herb-mushroom sauce made from fresh button mushrooms, heavy cream, rosemary, and thyme. This sauce will up the ante of your grilled chicken, burgers, and pastas!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 piece shallot/ small white onion
- 6 pieces large button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder (see note)
- pepper to taste
- Put olive oil and melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute the onions until tender.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook until brown and soft. Pour the heavy cream, add the chicken powder, rosemary, thyme, and pepper. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Sauce should have slightly thicken. Serve warm.