These Deep Dark Chocolate Cookies are an indulgent treat for all you chocoholics! The ultimate dark chocolate cookie, made richer with semi-sweet chocolate chips. The bonus part? It’s easy to make, and no hand-held or stand mixer needed.
- 65 grams bittersweet chocolate (at least 60% cocoa)
- 113 grams butter, unsalted
- 200 grams granulated sugar
- 100 grams eggs (from about 2 large eggs)
- 4 grams vanilla extract
- 125 grams bleached all-purpose flour
- 43 grams cocoa powder, dutched-processed
- 3 grams baking soda
- 3 grams granulated salt
- 100 grams semi-sweet chocolate chips
- PREPARATION: Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- MELT THE CHOCOLATE AND BUTTER. In a double boiler, melt the butter and bittersweet chocolate together. Set aside.
- COMBINE THE WET INGREDIENTS. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until combined. Add the melted chocolate mixture.
- COMBINE THE DRY INGREDIENTS. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- ASSEMBLY. Gradually add the chocolate mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients, mixing until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips. Using a small ice cream scoop (1 tablespoon), spoon the dough onto the lined baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- BAKE THE COOKIES. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are crackly in appearance but still soft in the center. Rotate the sheets halfway through baking to ensure even baking results. Allow the cookies to cool on the sheets for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely before servings.
(Note 1) Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.