My baby girl is always very hungry whenever she goes home from school, and I and my husband usually eat with her. This Chicken Salad for sandwiches is one our usual snack because it’s very easy and tasty.
To make this, you just need to combine all the ingredients. How easy is that? I like my chicken salad not on the chunky side so I mix them all up in a food processor. If you don’t have one or if you prefer more texture, simply chop the chicken, onions, and eggs into small pieces then mix in a bowl with the remaining ingredients.
Although this recipe calls for boiling uncooked chicken, leftover chicken would work fine too and give wonderful flavor to the chicken salad. The amount of mayonnaise may also vary, depending on how “creamy” you like your chicken salad.
If you have time, let the Chicken Salad chill for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Pair this with your favorite bread, add some lettuce, and you have a filling sandwich for your breakfast, snack, lunchbox, or even a picnic meal. ?
Classic Chicken Salad for Sandwiches that is easy to make. The sweet pickle relish gives a good balance of sweet and tart flavors.
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup real mayonnaise (depending on how wet you like your chicken salad)
- 1 piece small onion, quartered
- 1 piece hard boiled egg, quarterd
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the chicken by boiling it in water for around 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Drain the chicken, let it cool, then cut in quarters.
- In a food processor combine the cooked chicken, mayonnaise, onions, egg, sweet pickle relish, salt, and pepper. Pulse until desired consistency is achieved.
- Transfer in a serving dish, cover, and store in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.