I love grilled or roasted vegetables and this is such an easy way to make use of whatever vegetables I have in my kitchen. Right now I have corn, carrots, mushrooms, and potatoes so I just mix them all together in a bowl and add in some melted butter (or olive oil if you're conscious about the fat), oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. If I had fresh garlic, I would add them too. Roasted garlic tastes amazing!
Spoon vegetables in 2 foil sheets. Fold foil over vegetables and seal the edges, allowing a bit of space on the sides for circulation and heat expansion. You can oven roast or grill the vegetable foil packets. Note that cooking time may vary depending on the type and amount of vegetables you use per packet.
A medley of healthy summer vegetables in easy foil packets (makes clean up so simple!). Can be baked or grilled – great for camping or as a quick side dish to your grilled meats.
- 2 pieces fresh sweet corn, husks removed and cut into 4 pieces
- 2 pieces carrots, cut into about 3/4 inch chunks
- 8 pieces baby potatoes, cut each into half
- 1 piece medium onion, quartered
- 8 pieces mushrooms, cut each into half
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 pieces peeled garlic, smashed (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- OVEN METHOD. If roasting the vegetables using the oven, preheat oven to 425 F. Prepare 4 sheets (about 24 x 18 inches each) of heavy-duty foil.
GRILL METHOD. If grilling the vegetables, heat coals or gas grill. Spray 4 sheets (about 24 x 18 inches each) of heavy-duty foil with cooking spray.
- Combine all the vegetables in one bowl. Pour in the butter then add the oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat. Spoon mixture onto foil. Fold foil so that the edges meet. Seal the edges, allowing space on the sides for circulation and heat expansion.
- OVEN METHOD. Place the foil packets on a baking tray and oven roast for about 25-35 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
GRILL METHOD. When ready to grill, place the foil packets seam side up over medium heat (for gas grills) or about 4 to 6 inches from coals. Cover and grill for 25-35 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- To serve, carefully open the packets to allow steam to escape.