I have tried many banana bread recipes but this one, so far, is still the best ever. Easy to make, moist, and full of banana flavor. No wonder it has become popular! This banana bread recipe uses sour cream, but no milk and no butter. #bestbananabread
- 210 grams (1 2/3 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 230 grams (1 cup + 2 tablespoons) granulated white sugar
- 2 pieces large eggs
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) canola or other flavorless oil
- 340 grams (about 1 1/2 cups) very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- PREPARATION. Heat oven to 325 F (163 C). Line pan(s) of your choice with parchment paper.
Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- MAKE THE BATTER. In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whip attachment, beat together the sugar and eggs on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
Switch to low speed, then slowly drizzle in the oil.
Next, add the mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. Continue to mix on low speed until just combined.
Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and manually fold in the nuts and the flour mixture, using a rubber spatula. No flour streaks should be visible; do not to overmix.
- BAKE. Pour thte batter into the prepare loaf pan(s) and bake for 60 minutes for a 9x5-inch pan and about 50 minutes for the 6x3-inch loaves. The loaves are done when they are golden brown on top and the cake will spring back when you press it.
- COOL. Transfer the pan(s) on a wire rack and cool completely before removing the bread from the pan.
(Note 1) To toast your nuts, heat your oven to 350F (175 C). Measure the amount of nuts you need and spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 5 to 10 minutes. They are done when they smell toasty and their shade has darkened (not burnt).
(Note 2) If using frozen overripe bananas, thaw them completely first before measuring.
(Note 3) You can store at room temperature (tightly wrapped in plastic wrap) for up to 2 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack