This simple baked honey ginger glazed salmon is a hearty and healthy dish that is ready in 60 minutes! The marinade is packed with Asian-inspired flavors – soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, ginger, and sesame seeds.
Let the salmon soak up the marinade for at least 30 minutes then bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Finish it off with the flavorful honey ginger glazed. Serve with brown rice and steam vegetables on the side and you have a hearty and healthy dinner on the table!
How to make…step-by-step
Honey Ginger Glazed Salmon with Bokchoy
For the marinade:
- 1 bunch Bokchoy (see Note 1)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 stalks green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 pieces (5-ounce | 142 grams) salmon filets
For the Honey Ginger Glaze
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- extra chopped green onions, sesame seeds (optional, for garnish)
- Place the salmon in a large zipped top bag or a large, shallow bowl. In a separate bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade and mix well. Pour the marinade over the salmon fillets, coating them thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours ahead, turning them occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 F (204 C). Lightly coat a baking dish with oil or a non-stick cooking spray.
- Place salmon fillets along with the marinade onto prepared baking dish and bake until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- While the fish is baking, steam the bokchoy and make the Honey Ginger Glaze. To make the glaze, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and sesame seeds.
- When salmon is done, serve it immediately with the honey ginger glaze and sprinkle with chopped green onions and toasted sesame seeds on top.