You would go bananas with this famous Filipino dessert. You only need three simple ingredients and 20 minutes of your time!
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 6 pieces ripe saba bananas (fresh or frozen, cut each one into 3 parts diagonally)
- 1 cup cooked sago/ tapioca pearls (optional)
- evaporated milk
- In a saucepan, add the brown sugar, water, and salt. Stir and let it boil until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the sliced bananas. Cover the pot and simmer for another 15 minutes, or until bananas are tender.
- Turn off the heat and add the cooked sago/ tapioca pearls, if using.
- Transfer in a container with cover and let it cool in the fridge, about 2 hours.
- Serve cold. Add shaved/ crushed ice, and a splash of evaporated milk.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: filipino