Rich and succulent! This baked fish is topped with parmesan, mayonnaise, and a blend of Italian herbs then baked in olive oil. This is a must try!
- 2 pieces Pangasius (cream dory) fish fillets or any white, neutral tasting, flaky fish like basa
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise ((Note 1))
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese ((Note 3))
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, divided
- 1/2 slice of a lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Wash the (defrosted) Cream Dory fillets and pat dry with paper towels. Lay the fillets in a small shallow, baking dish – preferably oval shaped. Pour the olive oil and spread it on the fish. Bake it for 15-20 mins or until fish is flaky. Be careful not to overcook the fish.
- While fish is baking, prepare the parmesan mixture. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, thyme, and half of the rosemary. Mix them together.
- When fish is cooked, take out the fish from the oven. If the fish has become watery, scoop out the excess water but try to leave the oil olive. Evenly spread the parmesan mixture on top then sprinkle the remaining half teaspoon of thyme on top. Return to oven and bake for another 10 mins.
- Once the parmesan mixture has set, broil the fish for another 2-3 minutes to brown the top. (Note 2)
- Squeeze a wedge of lemon on top. Serve hot with the remaining lemon wedges on the side.
(Note 1) Use real, full fat mayonnaise.
(Note 2) Keep the oven door ajar while broiling.
(Note 3) I used Kraft Parmesan Cheese .