Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables and for me the best way to serve them is roasted. Roasting gives these asparagus spears a distinct, deeper flavor. A sprinkle of salt and pepper is actually enough to make this dish delicious. But let’s go over the top today and throw in some garlic flavor and parmesan cheese – yummy yummy yummy! It is quite addicting, you know. For a stretch of time, my husband and I have paired this with baked salmon, steak, fish, and even pasta.
What is your favorite way to prepare asparagus?
Quick and easy Parmesan Roasted Asparagus! Asparagus spears drizzled with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese. Just 5 minutes of prep time then pop in the oven.
- 450 grams (1 lb) asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 1 teaspooon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- In a shallow baking dish or pan, toss the asparagus with olive oil until evenly coated. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer then season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese.
- Roast until just tender, about 12-15 minutes depending on thickness.