Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables and for me the best way to serve them is roasted. Roasting gives these asparagus spears a distinct, deeper flavor. A sprinkle of salt and pepper is actually enough to make this dish delicious. But let’s go over the top today and throw in some garlic flavor and parmesan cheese – yummy yummy yummy! It is quite addicting, you know. For a stretch of time, my husband and I have paired this with baked salmon, steak, fish, and even pasta.
What is your favorite way to prepare asparagus?
Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- 450 grams (1 lb) asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 1 teaspooon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- In a shallow baking dish or pan, toss the asparagus with olive oil until evenly coated. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer then season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese.
- Roast until just tender, about 12-15 minutes depending on thickness.