This Pear, Prosciutto, and Arugula Salad is a very easy and simple but definitely far from boring! The combination of flavors and texture is literally a party in your mouth!
The recipe serves 2 people, but you can easily double, triple them if you want to make this for a crowd.
For the Salad:
- 3 cups baby arugula (add less or more to your liking)
- 6 thinly sliced prosciutto (from deli)
- 1 piece firm Bosc pear
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted pecans
- shaves of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
MAKE THE DRESSING. In a small jar with a lid, add all the dressing ingredients. Cover and shake until mixed well. Taste, and adjust the salt and pepper to your liking.
- PREPARE THE PEARS. Wash the pear and chop it in any way you like – thin or thick.
GRILL THE PEARS. (see Note) Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick spray. Lightly brush both sides of the pear slices with olive oil. Grill until they have visible grill marks, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove from pan and let cool.
ASSEMBLE THE SALAD. Place arugula in a serving plate. Tear the prosciutto into pieces and scatter across the top. Add in the grilled pears, toasted pecans, and shaves of cheese. Drizzle the dressing over the salad just before serving.
- Grill the pears just before serving. They tend to get soft and watery if left for a long time.
- To roast nuts, heat oven to 350 F. Place the nuts in a single layer in an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until they become aromatic, about 5 minutes.
- You can choose not to grill the pears and use them as it is. Still delicious!