A healthy, fresh-tasting Italian pasta that is ready in about 30 minutes! Simple, easy, and delicious recipe – I always serve this for a date-night at home!
- 115 grams (4 ounces) uncooked linguini fini pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10–12 pieces shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 1 piece yellow small onion/ shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 pieces anchovy fillets, minced
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers (drained), diced
- 3 pieces tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive in a saucepan on medium heat. Add the shrimps and cook until pink on both sides and just cooked through, about 3-4 minutes, turning once. Transfer cooked shrimps on a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, add onions/shallots and saute for about 2 minutes. Add garlic, tomato paste, anchovies, olives, capers, tomatoes, and water. Stir and cook it until the tomatoes begin to break down and sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Add more water if sauce is too thick.
- Taste and season with salt, pepper, and chili flakes. Add back the cooked shrimps and cooked linguine to the sauce and combine well.
- Chiffonade the basil (if using) and garnish on top of pasta before serving.